In accordance with RA No. 10173 (Data Privacy Act), I hereby consent to the collection, retention, processing, disclosure (as provided under applicable confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines including all subsequent amendments or supplements there(to) of any personal, sensitive personal, and privileged information relating to me, whether provided by me or coming to the China Banking Corporation’s (hereafter referred to as “Company”) possession, and sharing of the said personal, sensitive personal and privileged information to the Company, its offices, branches, subsidiaries and affiliates, accredited third parties/vendors, credit reporting or credit reference agencies, credit protection provider, guarantee institutions, debt collection agencies, private regulatory organizations and other financial institutions, and other outsourced service providers engaged by the Company for the purposes reasonably required by the Company, for the Company’s conduct of everyday business, and/or only if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) assess my suitability for employment with the Company or any of its subsidiaries; (b) submit reports to Senior Management on recruitment strategies and demographics; (c) submit reports to government agencies; (d) use as reference when conducting reference checks; (e) conduct background/credit investigation; (f) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Company and its subsidiaries; (g) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company and its subsidiaries and (h) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Company and its subsidiaries or the public.
I shall notify the Company in writing, which must be acknowledged by the Company, if I do not consent to the aforementioned processing. I further acknowledge my right to information, access, correction, rectification, erasure of my personal, sensitive personal and privileged information, data portability, objection to processing and to file complaint under the Data Privacy Act. I agree that the Company may retain my personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected and such other purposes that I may have consented from time to time, as required by pertinent laws and regulations, and provide information when required to do so in accordance with applicable laws, by court order, and jurisprudence.
If I provide the Company with any personal information relating to a third party (e.g. reference information, et.al.), I warrant to the Company that I have obtained the recorded consent of such third party to provide the Company with the third party’s personal information for the relevant purposes and can upon the Company’s consent request, submit the same for inspection.
I agree that the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the Company’s disclosure of personal information for the above purposes.
1. What is Mastercard Identity Check?Mastercard Identity Check is an online security feature to further enhance your China Bank Mastercard against unauthorized transactions. This feature requires you, the Cardholder, to enter a password to complete a purchase transaction when you shop at online merchants that participate in the Mastercard Identity Check platform.
2. What is the Mastercard Identity Check? How is this different from Mastercard SecureCode?Mastercard Identity Check replaces Mastercard SecureCode as the service brand for Cardholder authentication for online transactions. Effective 1st October 2018, your previously nominated 3D Secure Static Password will no longer be valid. Instead, you will be sent a One-Time Password (OTP) to your mobile number on record to complete your transactions in participating 3D Secure e-commerce websites.
3. How do I get my Mastercard Identity Check OTP?Cardholders with mobile number on record are automatically enrolled in this facility. Your OTP will be sent to your mobile number on record each time you make an online purchase at participating 3D Secure e-commerce websites. To ensure receipt of your OTP, please keep your mobile number updated by calling China Bank Customer Service 24/7 Hotline +632 888-55-888 or Domestic Toll-Free Number 1-800-1888-5888.
4. How does Mastercard Identity Check work?When you purchase using your China Bank Mastercard at participating 3D Secure e-commerce websites, you will be brought to an authentication page where you will be asked to enter your OTP.
5. How long is the validity of my OTP?Your OTP will be valid within 5 minutes.
6. What should I do if I did not receive my OTP?First, make sure that you have an updated mobile number on record to ensure receipt of your OTP. To know if your mobile number on record is updated, check the last 2 digits of your mobile number as indicated in the authentication page of the merchant website.
7. How do I know whether a merchant participates in Mastercard Identity Check?Participating merchants will display the logo on their site.
8. Will I be able to make purchases at online merchants that accept Mastercard, but do not participate in Mastercard Identity Check?Yes, but you will not be asked for an OTP if you make a purchase at a non-3D Secure e-commerce website.